From set-up to sale, ensure your business' legal interests are protected.
Disputes happen and when they do, Macmillan is here to guide you through the process.
Macmillan knows how to make the insolvency process simple, taking you through step-by-step.
We go above and beyond for our clients.
"Kyle handled an issue for us in a professional manner. He kept us informed of the progress of our issue at all times and helped us to achieve the best result possible. I have no hesitation in recommending Kyle."
"Professional from start to finish. Despite the stressful situation Kyle managed to keep us informed and relaxed, assuring us every step of the way - ultimately achieving the best result for our company."
"Kyle is an inestimable and uniquely skilled lawyer who possesses the perfect balance of legal expertise, commercial acumen, and both technical writing and negotiation skills. He displays a level of emotional intelligence which is uncharacteristic of the typical lawyer, making him a formidable and resolute advocate in even the most sensitive of matters."
"Over the past year, Kyle has supported many of my clients in debt recovery and litigation matters, providing top notch legal representation and assistance each and every time. Kyle was prompt and professional in his approach and achieved fantastic outcomes."
"Kyle, from Macmillan. Lawyers + Advisors, has acted on many of my liquidation and administration files over the years, and I have found him to be extremely easy to deal with, commercially-minded, client focused and always looking to get the best outcome for me and my clients."
"Kyle Macmillan from Macmillan. Lawyers and Advisors is brilliant. Kyle continually provides our office with sound and cost effective advice concerning bankruptcy and insolvency. I highly recommend Kyle and his team."
"I have referred a number of my clients to Kyle from Macmillan. Lawyers and Advisors. Finding a lawyer that cares as much as Kyle is rare and he has managed to deliver exceptional outcomes in all of the matters I have referred."
"The team at Macmillan. understands the importance of stepping into the shoes of their clients to understand their needs, in order to provide tailored and pragmatic advice balancing the legal avenues available with the commercial and personal circumstances of their clients."
"Kyle was able to successfully facilitate open discussions around the prospect of bankruptcy with my client, strategise an approach that would minimise impact on him personally and then engaged in negotiations with relevant stakeholders on behalf of my client which allowed my client to keep his family home and remain in business even after bankruptcy."
"Kyle is very professional and prompt when working with his clients. I know if I refer work to him that they will be looked after. Kyle, unlike a lot of other lawyers; cares not just about winning his cases but he also cares about the people he works with. Which is why he is trusted by so many small businesses."
"The most important consideration when dealing with legal advisors is communication. Kyle Macmillan and Macmillan Lawyers excel at providing advice in a clear concise manner which my client’s understand. I recommend getting in touch if you or your client’s have legal issues to solve."
"Macmillan has represented me over the past 3 years with all of my business’ legal needs. I cannot speak more highly of Kyle and recommend him to anyone that runs their own business. Just knowing I can pick up the phone, speak to an expert and get the advice I need when I need it is worth its weight in gold."
"I have worked with Kyle on a number of files. His knowledge and attention to detail is second to none and he genuinely cares about all of his clients. On one particular matter that we worked on together, he was able to play a significant role in helping a client retain his family home when facing an event of insolvency. I would not hesitate in referring anyone to Kyle now or in the future."
"Kyle was able to provide to us with advice, guidance and direction for a client of mine who I had seen slowly slipping into more and more personal debt trying to keep their business afloat. Kyle was able to navigate this horrible time with them which allowed the client to wind down their business, keep their home and earn more money. When things are not going well – you have to have the right people around you. I am so grateful I can rely on Kyle to assist me with my clients problems."
Lawyers for individuals, entrepreneurs and businesses
Together with you.
Your Business Journey with Macmillan.
Explore how we can help you at every stage in your business.
Idea / Concept Testing
- We work alongside you to understand your business’ idea and concept and can connect you with a business plan writer so that your plan can be brought to life
- We will provide advice on any hurdles that the business’ may face from a legal stand point
- Connect you with an accountant, finance brokers, insurance brokers and other advisors to help bring your idea to life
- We identify the best structure for your business and establish that structure (whether it is a partnership, joint venture or company) preparing all of the documents required.
- We can assist you in registering the business name and can connect you with digital marketing agencies to assist you in creating your branding, website and other associated IP.
- If there is any software that your business may require, we can review, advice and negotiate the terms of those software licences.
- If you are taking on finance to start the business, we can review, advise and negotiate the terms of those financial agreements.
- We can protect your intellectual property by registering trademarks over your name and logo.
- If your business involves dealing with confidential information we can prepare Non-Disclosure Agreements and Deeds of Confidentiality governing how others may use that confidential information.
- If your business will be using a premises to conduct its business, we can assist in the negotiation and execution of your lease.
- If your business will be leasing or purchasing assets to conduct its business, we can assist in the negotiation and execution of those documents.
- We can prepare your business’ terms and conditions and client service agreements.
- Whether you are employing staff or engaging contractors to perform work on your behalf, we can prepare your employment agreements and contractor agreements.
- Preparing any internal codes of conduct.
- Connecting you with recruitment agencies to assist in getting your first hire or if you are looking to grow your team.
Growing / Scaling
If you are looking into:
- Employee Share Ownership Plans;
- Capital Raising;
- Distribution or Reseller Agreements; or
- Purchasing another business .
We can help.
If your business is experiencing any disputes, from:
- Contractual disputes with suppliers, landlords or others;
- Shareholders or Partnership disagreements;
- Breaches of IP or confidentiality; or
- Employee claims or breaches of restraints.
Our team are experience in dispute resolution, debt recovery and litigation and able to help you navigate these times.
Experiencing Tough Times
- Clients aren’t paying on time;
- Cashflow is slowing;
- ATO debts are increasing;
- There is some other form of financial pressure on your business.
Our team can help you recover what you are owed, assess your business’ solvency and provide advice on a way forwards.
Whether you are looking to:
- offload any assets
- sell your shares;
- merge or be acquired; or
- sell your business.
We can help.