Small Business Lawyer Brisbane
Small businesses have a lot to deal with, including marketing, recruitment, finance management, and so much more. As a small business owner, you’ll need to focus on these important operations to succeed – leave the legal nitty-gritty to us. We’ll provide you with peace of mind in legal matters, represent you in court if necessary, and ensure your company's legal affairs are managed effectively.
Common Legal Issues for Small Businesses
Commercial law can bring about a multitude of unique and interesting cases. Our team of small business lawyers in Brisbane is equipped to handle anything that may come their way.
Through experience in the field of commercial law, providing legal services specifically for start-ups and other small enterprises, we have come across a popular set of legal issues:
- Commercial agreement disputes
- Investor and shareholder agreements
- Debt recovery
- Retail and commercial property leasing
- Franchising, licensing, and distribution
- Employment law
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
- Mediation and dispute resolution
Typically, business disputes are resolved through mediation and other forms of dispute resolution before considering litigation. Heading to court is often the last resort if an issue can’t be resolved internally.
If your small business needs judicial resolution, our team will represent you in court.
Why It’s Important to Hire a Lawyer for Your Small Business
The legal system is a domain that not everyone understands. In fact, only if you’ve had years of training will you understand how a complex area like commercial law actually works. As a business owner, you shouldn’t rely on your own intuition when it comes to the law – you need to hire a professional!
Hiring a small business lawyer in Brisbane will come with many benefits:
- Draft and Negotiate Commercial Contracts: In the business world, it’s impossible to make anything happen without a commercial contract. From sales and hiring employees to agreeing on marketing campaigns, everything requires a formal and binding document. Our experienced small business lawyers will help you draft foolproof contracts!
- Offer Tailored Legal Advice: Every small company is unique and experiences its own legal issues. Our commercial lawyers will handle your specific legal needs and provide you with legal advice that is tailored to resolve your particular issues.
- Ensure Legal Compliance: If you want your business to be successful, and run smoothly without hitting any road bumps, then you must comply with the laws and regulations of Australia. Our corporate legal experts will ensure that your company complies with the law in all business actions and dealings.
- Provide Legal Representation: When running a small business, you will run into legal battles – guaranteed. If one of these issues ever ends up in court, you’ll want a litigation expert in your corner. Hiring a commercial lawyer to legally represent your company will be hugely beneficial.
- Protect Company Assets: There are many different types of assets owned by businesses. From physical assets like office buildings to intangible assets like intellectual property. Our small business lawyers will ensure that all assets are protected from theft and destruction.
Why You Should Choose Macmillan Lawyers and Advisors
The small business lawyers at our firm in Brisbane are here to help you through any legal disputes and issues you may have in the course of running your company. We can assist you with:
- Structuring and setting up of businesses
- Commercial litigation
- Contractual disputes
- Business advisory services
- Debt recovery
In addition to commercial law, our team specialises in the following areas:
FREE 30 MINUTE CONSULTATION
(Chat directly with our legal team)
🔒 Discreet and free review of your business situation.